A hilarious roleplaying game where you don’t roll dice. You throw them.
Hit the target with your die, or die laughing as you try.
One More Quest is a dexterity-based, comedy roleplaying game of dungeon-crawling adventures set in the world of the Dungeon Fighter™ board game.
Welcome to Middlewhere, a world populated by lazy overlords and weird creatures, such as hipster gnomes, reversed sirens, and moisty batrachian princes looking for love. In One More Quest, you assume the role of dungeon fighters, a motley band of screw-ups and desperate vagrants, forced into the lifestyle by misfortune or bizarre ambition.
If you already play roleplaying games, but don’t know what to expect from a dexterity based one, it’s actually pretty simple. The core concept will be familiar to veterans of the Dungeon Fighter™ board game: when you take decisive action, you throw a die so it lands as close to the centre of a Target as possible. You can play as a rogue, but can you play like a rogue?
To increase the spectacle and challenge, every action applies a special throw restriction. When a dungeon fighter hides from a guard, the player throws from under the table. When a dungeon fighter performs a distracting dance, the player spins around before they throw. Each situation is unique and plays by its own rules.
Games are run by a Supreme Dungeon Mastermind (SDM), who narrates play and speaks for non-player characters. SDMs are supported by chapters of monster profiles and farcical story hooks, and a streamlined system using familiar mechanics (character classes, combat rounds, health points) but jettisoning complicated minutiae (spell slots, damage types, multi-stage dice rolling). The ruleset is engineered for both casual and experienced RPG players, perfect for laughing with friends with these unexpected twists of classic fantasy scenarios.
If you already play roleplaying games, you will find much of One More Quest’s setting familiar, but with a comedic twist: dungeon overlords may be petty slum lords, ripping off their monster tenants with rent fixing schemes, or a board of shareholder sorcerers alternating between reality-blasting rituals and the dungeon’s office politics.
Their minions? Clueless Manotaurs born of man and cow, remote-controlled Skeletons as reliable as an old office printer, Black Knights caught in the midst of teenage rebellion. The world of One More Quest is not one of heroic adventures. And the dungeon fighters’ ambitions are even more self-serving: live free, get rich, win fame, and escape their deplorable line of work. Or, at least, get drunk trying.
- A hardcover book of 200+ pages, with full-colour art throughout.
- Dozens of cultures, classes, archetypes and drives to make your dungeon fighter unique, and an armoury of weapons to equip them.
- 18 suggested throw restrictions for core skills, and many more for special conditions, magical items, and monster effects.
- A travel guide exploring the hilarious world of Dungeon Fighter™, its lore specifically tailored to provide plot hooks for your game.
- A menagerie of monsters, each with an amusing twist, and optional rules for automating their actions to reduce throws and book-keeping.
- Essential advice for running the game, including advice for improvisational comedy, and how to adapt the game to suit accessibility requirements.
- A farcical adventure introducing players to the game’s bizarre setting, and guidelines to help Supreme Dungeon Masterminds create their own adventures.